Home > Sensei Pat - Adult Judo > Chip Tosses Pat – First Video Post – Judo Class 9-21-2009

Chip Tosses Pat – First Video Post – Judo Class 9-21-2009

October 6th, 2009 Pat Cassidy

I’m posting my first video clip to the Judo blog (hopefully).  It’s 30 seconds of Chip throwing me.  He knows how to make his Uke look good!  BTW, Chip used to HATE Morote Seonage!

Those of you who haven’t had the pleasure… This is Chip!

Throws Demonstrated

1. Ippon Seonage
  2. Ouchi Gari
  3. Hari Goshi
  4. Morote Seonage
  5. Sode Tsuri Komi Goshi
  6. Kata Garuma

Pat Cassidy (aka, Durable Sensei)

1. PhilBraica
    October 19th, 2009 at 10:04 | #1

Very cool video. Well shot. Great for a white belt like me to get a better idea of what the throws should look like (and what they’re called :)

2. Pat Cassidy
    October 14th, 2009 at 09:06 | #2

@jeff-f
    It was fun. The first hour we practiced as many different throws as we had time for, then finished the evening with some randori.

During randori Chip pulled off this really awesome tai-otoshi / makikomi thing, (it didn’t hurt at all, well, maybe a little.) He insisted that he just “lost his balance.” I believed him. At first. Until he did exactly the same thing a second time…

3. Sean Carmack
    October 13th, 2009 at 21:41 | #3

Ha, yes, I was noticing that too with the change in time.

4. jeff-f
    October 13th, 2009 at 10:56 | #4

All the throws looked really good.
    Nice job on the video too, it’s helpful to watch proper techniques over and over.
    It’s nightfall by the time he finishes Kata Garuma, you must have worked him pretty hard Pat……

5. Sean Carmack
    October 12th, 2009 at 19:22 | #5

We definitely need to get more videos like this one. Nice work guys.

• Pat Cassidy
      October 13th, 2009 at 05:25 | #6

Chip thinks he has bad kuzushi on the Kata-Garuma. It looks like good kuzushi to me: he draws me out as he steps under me, and maintains good control and balance as he lift me onto his shoulders.

Kata-Garuma + bad kuzushi = no boom.

He drops me right where I’m supposed to land. Hard to do if you mess up any part of Kata-Garuma! Maybe not a 10, but still pretty darn nice!

Anybody else have a comment?

Comments are closed.